Saturday, September 11, 2010

The 'Amazingness' of Prayers

It's been a year plus since my 'adventures' began.  What a weak word that is ...adventure... How much I've learned since then.

The most amazing thing (time for a duh! moment!) is what I am discovering about prayers.

I used to think that prayers were just things of duty.  People said they were important.  I supposed it was to save my soul... to make me a better person... to help me use up my time in a more fruitful way.  I heard but I never really listened.  Or understood.  Well, some people take longer to learn.

I read the Bible and learned about people who prayed.  And had their prayers answered.  I supposed I half-believed that prayers were answered.  But deep inside me, a little kernel said,"Naaaah, who'd answer YOUR prayers?"  Because in the Bible, prayers were answered in amazingmiraculousextraordinaryastounding ways.  My life was too ordinary for such things.

Plus, I was surrounded by information and exhortations to believe in facts, which usually meant stuff that can be seen, recorded, measured and verified by a few million people.  So if I prayed to pass an exam and I passed, it would be due to hard work at memorising.  If I prayed for my parents to let me attend a party, and they let me go, it would be because THEY wanted to let me go and not because of any sort of divine intervention.  Since I'd never prayed for angels to visit me or for some sort of supernatural event, I've never been able to say for sure that such prayers would be answered.

Anyway.

This is what I've discovered in the past one year.

God wants us to say prayers.
God will only take action when we ask Him to do so via our prayers.
Prayers have power.
Prayers have energy.  Directed at something other than God, these prayers may attract dark forces eager for the energy.
The prayers being said now is not enough.  Not enough for what, I have no idea.  But I suppose the obvious answer would be 'not enough to avert the end.'  Hmm.

Here are a few quotes:
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth
                                                        Psalm 145:18
Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
                                                        Matthew 7:7-8
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Again I say to you, if two of you shall agree on earth about anything they ask, it shall be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
                                                       Matthew 18 : 18-20
God cannot execute His strategies to loose angels to work with us and for us, if we, God's chief executives on earth, will not pray.  Through our prayers we marshal these angelic beings and release them to work either in our own nation or the nations of the earth.  Evil will be so rife in the end times that a coordinated effort between redeemed men and angelic beings is essential.  Angelic participation  is indispensable and the church must learn to activate and accelerate angelic activities on earth through serious praying.  The church in every nation must know that she has the authority to marshal angels and thrust them out to police the spirit realm of their nation so that no demonic activities can assault that land.  The true governors of a nation are not the politicians, they are those who pray.
                            by Susan Tang "God's Strategies for the End Times Book Five"

God's Word is an amazing testament of His desire for fellowship with those who believe in Him and seek a love relationship with Him.  Among the many topics the Bible covers, prayer is one of the most important, for speaking to God and hearing from Him has the power to change your life.
                             by Stormie Omartian "The Power of Praying Through The Bible"

So many people do not pray and they may be lost.  When we pray, we can 'cover' them.  In Deuteronomy 32:30, God's blessings on the troops of Israel states that one can chase a thousand and two can put ten thousand to flight.  An exponential increase.  Many prayer ministries see this applicable in spiritual warfare, as well.   Imagine how many a praying person can save... 

Knowing all this, can you not pray?  Will you not pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment