Saturday, September 15, 2012

Salve Regina

While I was in Lourdes last June, I had the opportunity to listen to prayers in so many different languages; French, Italian, German, Polish, Czech.  The 'Our Father', 'Hail Mary', 'Glory Be' ... recited so lovingly by so many people.  Thousands upon thousands of them...

There was one prayer that keeps 'playing' in my mind... the Salve Regina.

I downloaded a video from Youtube to learn how to sing the prayer so that I could take part in the Lourdes prayers recited during the Marian processions.  Here is the video :


Hail Holy Queen In Latin

SALVE REGINA, Mater misericordiae.
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve.
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevae.
Ad te Suspiramus, gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia ergo, Advocata nostra, illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte.
Et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment