Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An Invitation To Fulfil Jesus' Request : The Double Great Novena

The past few days, thoughts of fulfilling one of Jesus' requests have been constantly on and in my mind.  The particular request I am talking about is the Double Great Novena (nine First Fridays and nine First Saturdays).

Whenever I opened the brown Pieta book, I keep finding myself on the pages referring to the Double Great Novena.  I knew then that it was something I had to do.  But I thought I'd think about starting it first, before I actually did it.  

Then today, I was keying in important feast days and Catholic dates in my PDA, when I came to entering the dates of The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus (July 1) and the Immaculate Heart of Mary (July 2).  At that moment, I KNEW that if I counted the months, there would be exactly nine First Fridays and First Saturdays between this week and the first week of July.  

The Background of the Double Great Novena (page 127 of the brown Pieta book)
In a message of Jesus Christ to Sister Natalia in Hungary, He requests all to pray the Double Great Novena to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary for nine consecutive First Fridays and First Saturdays.

All know about the devotion of the nine consecutive First Fridays.  Few know about the Five Consecutive First Saturdays.  And very few now know about the Nine Consecutive First Fridays and the Nine Consecutive First Saturdays.

As in Paray-le-Monial, France and Fatima, a private revelation to Sister Natalia received the Imprimatur from the local bishiop in Hungary.

Jesus : "As the Father entrusted all things to Me, so I give My victorious power over the world and sin to the Immaculate Heart to My Mother."

"Through my daughter (Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, I gave the world great promises, but because of My infinite Goodness, now, I give much more.  If people wish to gain the benefits of My promises, they must love and venerate the Immaculate Heart of My Mother.  The greatest sign of this veneration will be to receive Holy Communion on Nine Consecutive First Saturdays, and int eh same way, on Nine Consecutive First Fridays, after a preparation and true repentance.  Their intentions must be to console My Heart and, at the same time, the Immaculate Heart of My Mother."

Sister Natalia :"When Our Lord told me the first time about these First Saturdays, I did not realise that the Blessed Virgin at Fatima asked for only Five First Saturdays, in comparison with the Nine First Saturdays mentioned in the Messages I received.  Consequently, the authorities of the Church wanted me to ask the Saviour why He asked for nine, while Mary asked for only five.  

The Divine Saviour replied:"The request of My Mother for Five Saturdays is a sign of Her humility and consequently, She did not consider Herself worthy of receiving a devotion that is equal to Mine.  My request is a sign of My love.  I cannot bear the idea of demanding more for Me than for My Mother who is united with Me in love."

"Hence, I understood that Jesus would have us make reparation for Nine Saturdays because He had demanded for Himself, to Saint Margaret Mary, Nine First Fridays."

So, come... join me in fulfilling Jesus' request for the Double Great Novena, which is to receive Holy Communion on nine consecutive First Fridays and First Saturdays from the first week of November 2010 to the first week of July 2011.  We would be ending on the feast days of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  


To make a good Novena, it is recommended to :
a) Prepare yourself with true repentance, if possible, go to Confession.
b) Receive Holy Communion on both days (Saturday Sunset Mass is not part of the Novena)
c) The intentions of the Novena must be to console both Hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment