Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Revelations Revelations Revelations

Just an hour into surfing the net, I found myself with almost twenty opened tabs of different revelations.  This also included their supporters and detractors.  I even found a list of 'true' and 'false' private revelations compiled by Ron Conte, the administrator of the Catholic Planet forum. Ron Conte lists Stanley Villavicencio (who I have blogged about) as false.

Most confusing.  And frustrating.

But why am I so surprised? 

Matthew 7:15 (King James Version)15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11 (KJV)
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

1 Timothy 4 (KJV)
1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

So now what am I to do?  What am I to believe in?  WHO am I to believe in?

The answer is very simple.  Ask a question and answer it..LOL.I will believe in God.

He speaks to us all and has been speaking to us all via his prophets... His words are all in the Bible. Not that I will confine myself purely to the Bible.

Difficult to verbalise... but most reasonable people will know what to do.  If I come across any claims of private revelation, I will consider what is said very carefully.  And I will also consider its effect on me.

Back to Stanley Villavicencio.  He was asked how to tell a false prophet from a true one.  He replied,"By the fruits."  I like that answer very much.  If the effect of a revelation on me is of fervent piety and more attention to my spiritual life, then I will focus on the effect.  People can say whatever they want...what matters is our reaction to it.

Sometimes we need to make our own decisions.  After all, jewels come from the darkest of places.  Didn't 'Amazing Grace' come from a convict?

No comments:

Post a Comment