Monday, November 29, 2010

The Two Hearts Of Jesus and Mary

In my quest to be closer to God, I have come to realise something.  I need to read, see, speak and hear His Word every day... otherwise the heart grows forgetful and cold.  But when I pray, when I read the Word of God, when I hear the Word of God, the small fire within burns a little bit brighter.  And the amazing thing is I wil 'hear' and 'see' more of Him in everything.

I use the word 'amazing' because sometimes some things happen and it's too much of a coincidence to be ignored.

In the last three weeks, the avalanche of work (which includes work at the office and also work in charity) kept me so busy that I neglected my prayers and my readings.  Sometimes I think it is true that too much of labouring overmuch like Martha makes us neglectful of God (see Luke 10:38-42).



When I realised that, I quickly cut back on the work and did more praying.  The very same day, I was online and came across a reference to a saint (St Catherine of Laboure), which brought me to a book review about a book written by Dr Kelly Bowring.  My heart jumped when I read the review and I knew I had to read this book.





It was also the novena I began last month.  But unbelievably, both Amazon dan Barnes & Noble 'do not sell the book to those in my location.'  I tried to get a friend in Australia to buy it but they didn't sell the book to people in her location either.  It turned out that the publisher of the book didn't have the rights and blah blah blah to sell the book outside of the US.



I stopped trying... wondering how else I was to get it.



Then the very next day, an old friend suddenly smsed me, asking me what I wanted for my birthday.  She'd never done such a thing before.  THEN I remembered she had a sister who lived in Texas.  Was this how I was to get this book???  So I asked her to get the book for me.. only about USD10 in ebook form.  So far, there is no response yet from her sister as she wanted to figure out if the book would be coded to her credit card or to her computer.



But last night, I thought of a local online book reseller Acmamall.  And I wondered if perhaps they had the book.  Unbelievably, they did. Hmm, does that mean they have the rights to sell the book outside of the US??? Peculiar thing.  Well, I just bought the book.  Hopefully I get it by next week.  If I get the ebook, that would be another plus... mobile books don't tear, wear down or weigh down the purse :)


I just know I must read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment