Friday, August 6, 2010

Is Ignorance Bliss?

A few days ago, I was sitting with a friend, sharing Revelations (New Testament) with her. At one point, she held her head in one hand and pleaded with me,"Can you please not tell me all these things? I feel better if I didn't know them... ignorance is bliss..."

But is it really?

I share what I have learned about Revelations with people because I feel guilty if I don't tell them to prepare. I will be the first to dance if nothing happens, no explosion in the cosmic skies, no tribulation, no troubles, no lake of fire... I will be the first to be happy to be proven WRONG.

But what if the prophecies in the Book of Revelations are being fulfilled right now? And what if people 'die' because they weren't prepared? What would I say if a close friend cries out to me,"WHY didn't you tell me???"

No comments:

Post a Comment