Saturday, June 5, 2010

What Reciting Prayers Have Done For Me!

When I first began reciting the 15 Prayers of St Bridget, things in my life started changing.  Some of these changes are profound, some are funny :) and some not so 'fun'...

The first and most important change, I began feeling peace and a sense of being settled deep within.  Some people are fortunate to be 'happy' as they are but if some are like me, forever questioning 'Lord, is this it?  What else is there??  Why do I feel a hole in my life?', then they would understand that painful feeling of being incomplete.

Second, the prayers took away old addictions... no, I wasn't on drugs but there were some things I just couldn't let go of... when I began saying the prayers, the addictions went from being a daily irritant to ZERO!  It wasn't gradual... it was instant! Praise be to God!

Third, I began having the most fantastical luck with parking spots!  I work in a place where people don't let go of parking spots once they get one.  I used to drive around the area up to ten times before getting one.  I used to wait an hour or two parked by the side of the road, just waiting for someone to drive out.  However, in the past year, it's been magical.  Parking spots just open up as I drive into the area.  My imagination?  I don't particularly care...ha ha.. as long as I get parking.

Fourth, I no longer suffered headaches.  I used to suffer terrible ones, beginning in 1999 (hence my reference to ten years of trouble).  They were so bad, that I couldn't even escape into sleep.  My only hope would be to lessen the severity to a level where I could just fall asleep.  I even suspected that maybe I had a brain tumour or some other trouble.  But an MRI cleared that up.  And if it was a symptom of a possible weakness in the walls of my veins, reciting the prayers stopped my headaches.  Some friends told me that it might be psychological.  Well, what does it matter as long as it stops?  And if I had to recite prayers to make the headaches stop, all the better.

And now for the not-so-fun parts.

People with paranormal problems began crossing my path more frequently than is comfortable.  I cringe when I offer them the audio prayers I burned onto CDs (prayers available for download at Mediafire).  For while persistent reciting of the prayers would solve their paranormal problems, the process would be, to put it gently, explosive, sometimes frightening, soul-wrenching and life-changing.  In my side of the world, spiritism is still being practised by quite a number of people.  So battle is par for the course.

Over time, I connected with more people who were seeking God or seeking solutions to their spiritual problems.  We prayed together and this usually meant some 'discomfort' (headaches, sleepless nights) before with the grace of God, we obtained resolution. 

Sometimes, the source of their troubles would be from within themselves or their families.  They merely needed to heal... whether from some long ago pain or ancestral problem.  Sometimes they would find out that an ancestor did something unwise.  Such as making a pact with spirits or leading others in spirit worship.  Unfortunately for their descendants, such things carry with them 'responsibilities'.  One family found out that they had spirits in their care.  They were supposed to carry out rituals on an annual basis.  However when their parents embraced Christianity, they stopped their old practices.  Unaware of old stories, their children inherited certain artifacts.  Then after some violent disturbances, they sought help and found out that these artifacts were the homes of some spirits, who were demanding their dues.  So the family decided to fight, with prayers and the help of a priest who blessed their house.

Other times, the source of trouble would be from outside.  In one friend's case, the source was a jealous colleague, who resorted to using black magic. 

I am someone who works with facts, documents and numbers.  None of these things 'computed'.  But after a while, I learned... sometimes God wants our attention on Him.  But since other things (such as church masses) don't work, He may decide to drop a bomb in our lives.  Well, I now consider myself  well and truly 'detonated'.  My head is still ringing from the explosion...

No comments:

Post a Comment